Information on:

Go To Hell

4045 Patterson Lake Rd.
734-878-2233

History:

First settled in 1838 by George Reeves, Hell started out as a grist mill and general store on the banks of what is now called Hell Creek. George's habit of paying the local farmers for their grain with home distilled whiskey led many wives to comment "He's gone to Hell again" when questioned about their husband's whereabouts during harvest time. This name stuck and "Hell" became an official town in 1841; the rest is history.



Go To Hell is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media

Photos